Monday, June 28, 2010

Follow Me on Twitter

As an experiment in working with social networking media, I've set up a Twitter account and begun following local politics and national news. I'll admit, I'm not sure I see the value in providing constant brief updates on where I am and what I'm doing. Still, I see potential for creating a network among TCCA membership and getting out quick notices about updates, events, developments, etc. With the Legislative Session concluded, the slow season of summer is upon us and most counties are focused either on budget, elections, or both so this isn't a critical time for hearing from me.

But if you are interested, you can follow me @TCCADavidConnor on Twitter. You'll have to set up a Twitter account to do so. Association members have raised concern before about providing information to county officials through sites like Twiter or Facebook where you have to set up an account in order to get information and updates. Don't be concerned. Anything of substance or importance to county commissioners that I need to get to you will go on this site or out by e-mail. Those other sites will probably just be used to let you know when new content is posted here.

If you have ideas and suggestions about how to effectively use that service, this blog, our e-mail newsletter or other resources to provide useful information, let me know.

No comments: